Dream, Discover ....

Front flap of a three fold card, made for a friend's wedding anniversary recently.

Stamps used: Hero Arts Quill Sentiments "Dream and Discover" and "Cherish Life's Moments"
The little leaf sprig background is an unknown unmounted stamp.
Inks: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks in Azurite, Tangerine, Peach Pastel, Ice Blue, Prussian Blue and Blue Iris
Card Stock: White Matt Card, Bazzill Typhoon
Other stuff: Cuttlebug Flower die, Nestabilities Ovals, Corner Rounder, Natural Jute String, Eyelets, White paper flower (coloured with Prussian Blue)


Where on earth I came up with blue and orange as a colour scheme, I will never know! Not the easiest two colours to blend. I used the colorbox blending tool to colour the whole background, which looks very patchy in the scan but is softer in real life, possibly I should stick to my normal sponges from now on!!

The flower was created from scratch using a Cuttlebug Die of a single large flower, sponged with blue ink, then a white paper flower, also coloured with a blue ink. The centre of the flower is made by winding the jute string around into a coil. This was incredibly difficult for me .....glue on my fingers, string kept sticking to my fingers, comical to watch. It is a great effect though and I am sure those with more nimble fingers would make a better job of it.












This is the second flap of the card, same flower, slightly different string embellishment ....again, fiddly, but effective.




And the final inside flap below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOH.....Lovely chickie. I would find working those two colours difficult but you have nailed them perfectly! Gorgeous cards!!!!